Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Royal ROOTS!


Hello Dolls & Tonka Trucks! HAPPY 1ST DAY OF BLACK HISTORY MONTH! One thing I love is being black! Despite the ignorant people that take our culture a few steps back there are millions of black people that have and continue to cultivate, and innovate this planet called earth! Now while in class today my professor brought something to my attention that I never knew so I decided to share it with my lovely dolls & tonka trucks in my toy box. This women right here name is Queen Sophie Charlotte, YES I SAID QUEEN! She was a QUEEN of ENGLAND! I’ve been in school for over a decade and I’ve NEVER once heard my history teacher mention African royal roots reigning over further then Africa! She was born on May 19, 1744--the eighth child of the Prince of Mirow, Germany, Charles Louis Frederick, and his wife, Elisabeth Albertina of Saxe-Hildburghausen. Her father died when she was 8. “Sophie Charlotte was descended directly from an African branch of the Portuguese Royal House, Margarita de Castro y Sousa. Six different lines can be traced from Princess Sophie Charlotte back to Margarita de Castro y Sousa.” Queen Charlotte was married to George III of England. At the tender age of 17 she became the QUEEN of England & Ireland! Something else shocking, she’s the person who started the tradition of Christmas trees and having them decorated! LOVE IT! And LOVE my professor for informing me about it, and if you love it too COMMENT! Well that’s all I have for today dolls and tonka trucks! Stay fierce! BTW Follow us on twitter! BitesAndHeels also add us on facebook! www.facebook.com/EmbraceCouture. ALSSOOOO have any questions or want our opinion on anything EMAIL US! snakebitesandhighheels@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment